free website stats program How do i measure clutch lever? | Harley Davidson Forums

How do i measure clutch lever?

FLIPBEL

How do i measure clutch travel before engagement? Do i measure from the center of the grip to the center of the lever or do i measure from the ball of the lever to the grip. I have searched the web for a diagram because i know i saw one but i could not find it.

I am asking because the lever does not travel in a straight line. The measurement at the ball would be different then at the center.

Thanks
flipper

If you are talking about free play in the cable, then it is measured as the distance between the end of the cable ferrule and the clutch lever bracket. On my softail the distance is 1/16 - 1/8 "

Thats what I am talking about. 1-2 inches off the bar. My question is, where do i measure from (the center of the lever or from the ball at the end of the lever)?

thanks!!!!

Try the ball end , if that is not enough adjust accordingly, some like more travel, keep in mind too much travel is a bad thing and will be equal to riding the clutch:s

Remember now that when the lever touches the grip, there is still a substantial distance if measured from the ball to the grip. I would go more by where the curvature of the lever touches the grip for a more accurate measurement.

ie: distance between the two points where the lever and the grip contact each other. (maybe an inch or so depending on how it is adjusted where the clutch starts to grab)

Remember now that when the lever touches the grip, there is still a substantial distance if measured from the ball to the grip. I would go more by where the curvature of the lever touches the grip for a more accurate measurement.

ie: distance between the two points where the lever and the grip contact each other. (maybe an inch or so depending on how it is adjusted where the clutch starts to grab)

here glider?

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpg
    IMG_0834.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 77
Back