free website stats program How do I make V&H Big Shots Quieter? | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I make V&H Big Shots Quieter?

Hi Guys,
I have a 2009 Softail Custom with V&H Big Shots fitted - I have tried fitting the V&H Quiet Baffles but they are still too loud. Anyone know how to make them quieter?

My only answer would be to replace them with a quieter exhaust system. I don't think there is much else you can do to the V&H Big Shots...

I was thinking of going with Big Shots on my Heritage, Just how loud are they?

They aren't as loud as straight pipes, but they are plenty loud. I have Big Shots Staggered on my 07 Heritage and I don't think I would want my pipes to be any louder. I try to show some respect top my neighborhood, but you can't make everyone happy, so I don't try to hard. The day I put my V&H pipes on and fired it up, I had a smile that hasn't gone away yet and it's been over two years now. Find a bike similar to yours that has Big Shots and ask the guy to rap his pipes for you.... :small3d014:

On a run they give you a headache without earplugs - the underlying sound is great and they look good but they just need to be quieter by another 7 to 8 decibels

I've looked around and havn't found any Softails with the Big Shots on them. Do you think the long ones would be any quieter than the staggard ones?

I've looked around and havn't found any Softails with the Big Shots on them. Do you think the long ones would be any quieter than the staggard ones?

Yes, but still loud to the scooters/cages behind you.

On a run they give you a headache without earplugs - the underlying sound is great and they look good but they just need to be quieter by another 7 to 8 decibels

On longer rides, 300 miles plus, only stopping for fuel and I've never gotten a headache. Not saying you don't, but everybody is different. Yes Martha, Big Shots Staggered are loud.... :p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back