free website stats program How do I keep the pushrods from falling in the cam case? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I keep the pushrods from falling in the cam case?

It is important to get the lifters back where they came from IE; front exhaust, rear exhaust etc. in the same orientation, each one wears differently. If you cannot then you should probably use new lifters.
You should also check the tappet blocks for tolerance, even 1/2 of a thousand over spec can cause a lifter to float.

I was lucky enough that the lifters stayed in the right positions. I finally secured them with binder clips untilo cams can be put back in

It is important to get the lifters back where they came from IE; front exhaust, rear exhaust etc. in the same orientation, each one wears differently. If you cannot then you should probably use new lifters.
You should also check the tappet blocks for tolerance, even 1/2 of a thousand over spec can cause a lifter to float.

I would suggest new lifters anyway. Why tear all this down and then use wear items back in. New lifters (HD) should be around $25-30 a piece.

TQ

Back