free website stats program How do I keep my bike upright? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I keep my bike upright?

That's a pretty good choice, that's the same one we finally ended up with. Hubby bought a cheap one first, didn't like it so he returned it and we got that one. Funny part is, I'm the one that ended up using it. :s

Hey Smitty, I think that's the one listed. I would have to go out & compare the picture, but I think that's the same one. (of course, I could be wrong).:)

I use a 2x4 under my nightster's kickstand and it makes it almost level. And Hobbit is right about the torx bolts. But he forgot to mention that even with the right tool, you will probably strip out one or more of the bolts. My solution was to get stainless steel allen bolts for my primary cover. They are harder to strip out and they will match the rest of your fasteners on your motor.

Are you sure your using the correct size (t-27) I've had my derby cover off quite a few time and don't think they're gonna strip out any time soon.

Are you sure your using the correct size (t-27) I've had my derby cover off quite a few time and don't think they're gonna strip out any time soon.

I agree. No signs of stripping at all. Get a torque wrench, follow the instructions regarding torque, and use quality torx bits. There's no reason to strip anything.

When I service the bike, oil changes,etc. I anchor the bike to the wall in my shop. I purchase some D rings and metal straps to anchor the D rings into the wall studs approx 4 to 5 ft foot span in front of where I park the bike.then I take my trailer tie down straps secure one end to the handle bar the other to the wall D ring, pull straps till bike level and secure. this way I do not have to work around a jack. my 2 cents, works for me. the d-rings are always in place and never in the way. just like straping it on a trailer. works for me. Good Luck

Check the bolts in the low cost lifts guys, they use inferior bolts and should be changed to the grade 8 that should be in there.

I know I wouldn't want to see a harley on it's side no matter what the reason.:s

Yea, especially if it landed someone.

I have a lift from Sears like the one smitty has. It works fine for me. One word of caution, have someone to steady the bike for you the first time you use it. The controls are a little touchier with 800lbs. sitting on it.

Back