free website stats program How do I keep my bike upright? | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I keep my bike upright?

DaveInPA

Frozen Account
I'm going to swap out derby covers on my XL883 tomorrow. However I'm sure if I remove the cover with the bike on the side stand, my primary lube will spill out. So, how do I keep the bike upright?

If you have a garage you could position the bike in the garage door opening and run a strap from the handle bars to the track of the garage door or install some screw eyes in the frame of the grage door to attach the straps to. This is how I plan to stand my bike up when I charge the primary drive oil this weekend. This way I can take my time and don't have to have some straddle the bike and hold it up.

Or have someone sit on it while you swap the covers. Bike lifts are only about 100.00 at Sears... Just think, that's only twice what you paid for the derby cover...

A bike lift is a handy thing to have...

Or have someone sit on it while you swap the covers. Bike lifts are only about 100.00 at Sears... Just think, that's only twice what you paid for the derby cover...

A bike lift is a handy thing to have...

The terrible piece of junk with TONS of bad reviews is 100 bucks. The nice one is almost $200. Still though, might have to get one.

4' 2x8 wood, one section of pipe threaded, one cast pipe bolt down connector. attach the connector to board, thread in the pipe, lay board flat under frame of bike and lever down on pipe till bike is hoisted on the board upright. Home depot is your friend. Also good for changing tires and a host of other repair needs. Cost is mere dollars.

I but a brick under the jiffy stand and it almost put it up right when i changed my derby cover

there's probably a hundred ways to get your bike to stand up, a brick some boards, a hill, but if you own a motorcycle, some kind of lift is a must. I've seen fairly inexpensive one's at costco, and Harbor Freight. Just remember you get what you pay for, but you'll never be sorry you bought a lift.

I bought a lift at Harbor Freight for around $70.00 dollars. It works great and I use it weekly when I am cleaning my bike. I works magnificent for cleaning the spokes, white walls, rims, and hubs.

Paid for itself by reducing the time spent cleaning and my bike is a lot cleaner.

Check the bolts in the low cost lifts guys, they use inferior bolts and should be changed to the grade 8 that should be in there.

I know I wouldn't want to see a harley on it's side no matter what the reason.:s

Back