free website stats program How do i get that rich sound | Harley Davidson Forums

How do i get that rich sound

I HAVE A DYNA SUPERGLIDE CUSTOM 2011 When i talked to my dealer about putting on new pipes he was talking 2k - I not looking for improved performance i just want them loud - i guess what i'm asking is whats the best way to get that rich rumble out of my bike?

thanks from a newb

I HAVE A DYNA SUPERGLIDE CUSTOM 2011 When i talked to my dealer about putting on new pipes he was talking 2k - I not looking for improved performance i just want them loud - i guess what i'm asking is whats the best way to get that rich rumble out of my bike?

thanks from a newb

The "best" thing to do is to go around to some bike shops, swap meets, bikefests, or rallys and find bikes configured like yours (same year, same size engine, same up-grades - air cleaner, cams, etc.). Listen to those bikes with up-graded exhaust systems and decide what YOU like the sound of. This is very much a case of individual taste, and what one person may like, another might not. So you need to find what sounds good to YOU.

TQ

Would slip ons be a cheaper alternative? how do they compare to having new pipes etc done .

The "best" thing to do is to go around to some bike shops, swap meets, bikefests, or rallys and find bikes configured like yours (same year, same size engine, same up-grades - air cleaner, cams, etc.). Listen to those bikes with up-graded exhaust systems and decide what YOU like the sound of. This is very much a case of individual taste, and what one person may like, another might not. So you need to find what sounds good to YOU.

TQ

:D Check at your dealer , they add on to some floor models different exhaust, Slip ons may be the way to go

I agree with TQ, find the sound you like and go from there. 2k sounds offel steep if you ask me!

Not sure if this will help but my wife's 2002 Low Rider, although it was carbuerated, and dynoed, was obnoxiously loud and was a hot rod after the dyno tuning. It had Cycle Shack Drag pipes.

I'm not a knowledgeable modify'er so just throwing out a thought, but are there baffles that can be removed/cutout...Or even drilling some additional holes in the baffles would give more sound?

Sound like the dealer really ready to stick it to you, He probably gave you the price on the exhaust then on a SERT then of course the air cleaner kit then labor. I would look into a aftermarket exhaust system and if you don't plan on any engine mods a slip on muffler system will serve you well for about 1/4 of the cost. Also if you just do the exhaust upgrade you don't have to re-tune the bike it will run just fine.

I'm not a knowledgeable modify'er so just throwing out a thought, but are there baffles that can be removed/cutout...Or even drilling some additional holes in the baffles would give more sound?

Tim, The sound and work to modify stock mufflers is just not worth it, Better off to add some new slip ons and keep the stock ones for EPA problems down the road:s

Back