free website stats program How do I change oil tank? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

How do I change oil tank?

Job is done, now it won't start.

We wiggled and jiggled the bike a lot removing and replacing the fender and sissy bar, turn signals and all. Security system was going nuts, lights flashing, so I have charged the battery!

I have fuel pump, gauges, lights and horn... just no starter.

The security light was a solid red for a while, can't be good, finally got it to go out, and then there was regular flashing when bike is left alone without key.

My hunch is key fob battery went dead at the wrong time, for no reason other than it was cold, freezing point in the shop, and my second new fob wasn't near, hasn't been tried yet. I think I have the wallet card for the new fob, or at least a sticker for my owner's manual, and a description of the re-entering pass code etc.

Is that what I should do... say if the spare, new fob doesn't activate it, when I try again tomorrow? Re-enter the code, IF I can actually find it?

I made up a new 5-digit code and entered it into the ECM via turn signals, per Owner's Manual instructions. The fob battery was NOT dead.

It works! I am riding, new (used) oil tank with no leaks, all good. Satisfied.

Glad to hear that all your hard work paid off. Satisfaction is seeing the job through.

It always feels good when your own work and effort gets the bike running as it ought to and you have gained a lot of knowledge and experience along the way
No one knows the answer to everything and you have added a wee bit to the collective knowledge base here on the forum and it will probably be of use to others in the future so thanks for keeping us updated on your progress

Brian

Back