How difficult would this be?

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by JKT1969, Nov 9, 2011.

1. JKT1969

JKT1969 Active Member

To install the chrome switch housing and new grips? Pain in the rump or is it pretty straight forward?

Thanks.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

3. JKT1969

JKT1969 Active Member

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Let us know how you make out with the job. Your bike is a bit different with the drive by wire throttle.

5. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Like the title to this thread...the classic response..."--that depends"...if done carefully and right...not a problem (be careful of losing springs and small parts, so have nice clean, clear area to work on the bike), rehearse the procedure and start on a Friday night so you have extra day to get to dealer if you find you need extra hardware. Success depends on Abilities, Resources and Time...ART, you need all three to be successful. :s

6. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Just be careful w/the switch housing(s) - they've been known to cause some problems w/your control functions (i.e. sticking). Might want to test fit & dremel anything that seems tight...

7. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

As Iceman mentioned;

Not quite the "piece of cake" but not overly difficult either.

Be sure none of the wiring in going to get pinched between the housings, this can cause problems, just ask me how I know.

Take your time, an maybe take a closeup picture before, so you know where everything goes. Good luck!