free website stats program How can they get more than MSRP? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

How can they get more than MSRP?

HDFAN hit the nail on the head......THEY CAN because WE PAY IT. I have no problem telling my dealer what I can get the part for online and if they don't match/beat the price, I'll walk out. They really don't like that.......

I got my dealer to match a price (well under MSRP) on an '09 Ultra Classic because a small shop in Wisconsin quoted me a great price. You just have to be willing to write a check to a different shop. It's not personal, it's business.

If all you are ordering is one item, the shipping might bring it back up to the MSRP. The new seat I ordered from the dealer was only a five dollar difference when shipping was added into the mix. I save internet orders until I have several items needed or in the case of some maintenance items I order in bulk. Group orders might make sense if you can swing it.

If all you are ordering is one item, the shipping might bring it back up to the MSRP. The new seat I ordered from the dealer was only a five dollar difference when shipping was added into the mix. I save internet orders until I have several items needed or in the case of some maintenance items I order in bulk. Group orders might make sense if you can swing it.
I would rather pay a extra $5.00 in shipping and give my business to someone wants it, then pay someone $5.00 extra for padding there own greedy little pockets.
I Just like to support a good business, and hope other businesses will follow suite, if not they lose my business.

You have a selection of dealers in the US. Canada has only 1 dealer, Fred Deeley. The rest are called retailers and Deeley sets their prices and they fluctuate with the Canadian dollar. Was looking at 8 parts and accesories and priced them online at Canada HD and my dealer (retailer). The dealers price was higher than online for most things. Priced them at a ND. dealer and they were the same as HD online but they gave me 10% off. Of the 8 parts, some were 60% higher than in Canada and the average was 40% less. Had a great weekend in ND.

Back