free website stats program How can Smart Tune add recording file? | Harley Davidson Forums

How can Smart Tune add recording file?

michael48

Account Removed
My bike is XL1200X(international version,not USA version,I live in Taiwan) with V&H exhaust,I use super tuner to tune it,the problem is as follow:

I loaded the base calibration from SE software,file name is 176fm005.dt0(only this can fit XL1200X),then I reflashed the ECM with this calibration ("Enable Smart tune Reflash" and "Reset Adaptive Fuel". I selected both buttons).

I started making recordings,and back to download them from VCI,then I selected this stored calibration(176fm005.dt0) from SE software for Smart tune.

I opened the tuning table,dragged the Working version of the VE Front Cyl,dragged the Smart tune version of the VE Front Cyl,when I added new recording file,here comes the imformation: Recordings must be done with currently selected tuning file!can anyone tell me why??is the calibration wrong?even I select the calibration from VCI,it showes the same massage too.Which step might be wrong?please help me thank you.

My bike is XL1200X(international version,not USA version,I live in Taiwan) with V&H exhaust,I use super tuner to tune it,the problem is as follow:

I loaded the base calibration from SE software,file name is 176fm005.dt0(only this can fit XL1200X),then I reflashed the ECM with this calibration ("Enable Smart tune Reflash" and "Reset Adaptive Fuel". I selected both buttons).

I started making recordings,and back to download them from VCI,then I selected this stored calibration(176fm005.dt0) from SE software for Smart tune.

I opened the tuning table,dragged the Working version of the VE Front Cyl,dragged the Smart tune version of the VE Front Cyl,when I added new recording file,here comes the imformation: Recordings must be done with currently selected tuning file!can anyone tell me why??is the calibration wrong?even I select the calibration from VCI,it showes the same massage too.Which step might be wrong?please help me thank you.

OK~it seems like no one has such problem, but if I can not use the smart tune, and I want to tune my XL1200X manually, which step should I do first? should I change VE front/rear first? any suggestion please. thank you very much.

and I want to tune my XL1200X manually, which step should I do first? should I change VE front/rear first?

You can not accurately tune "manually" unless you have an exhaust analyzer. You have to be able to match desired A/F ratio to actual A/F ratio. Just because the A/F map says 13.8 in a cell, does not mean the tail pipe is 13.8.

The challenge all stems from the fact these bikes do not have a mass airflow sensor. We have no way to know how much O2 is going in the engine. We do that by using a wide band or infra-red and then manually writing in the VE tables to match the pipe exhaust to the A/F table.

Read the last page of this thread.
SE Pro Super Tuner + Smart Tune Software - Harley Davidson Community

Rather than attempt a manual entry of VE tables, it appears that Smart Tune may be the way to go.

Spend the time to work through the problem your having getting Smart Tune to work. Wish I could be of more help but I have never used Smart Tune myself. A couple of the members in the above thread have used it to modify their VE tables.
It is probably a simple step you are overlooking.

Thanks for your answer! I think it could be the software problem, I follow the step correctly like everyone, but I can not add any recording in smart tune.

Maybe I will try another way this weekend, thanks for your suggestion.

Back