free website stats program How can I wire additional signals (independant) with a run/turn/brake module? | Harley Davidson Forums

How can I wire additional signals (independant) with a run/turn/brake module?

1997dyna

1997 FXDL:

L.E.D. taillight &
2 sets of (alloy art) turn signals - strut (red/smoke) and swing arm (amber/yellow)

I have the kuryakyn run/turn/brake controller for the taillight (red) and the strut (red) l.e.d. lights - (I'm ok on this part)

But, how can I wire the strut lights (yellow) to activate as turn signals only?

Thanks in advance - TP

If the strut lights are LED's and are being added on as turn signals, vice replacing turn signals... all you have to do is wire them to the existing turn signal wiring. Shouldn't need any resistors... everything should work fine.

All are LED's
I have the swing arm turn signals and the brake light wired now.

I want to add the strut LED's with the run/turn/brake to work with the brake - that will be easy. (I would like the struts to come on for braking and turn signals - I need more visible braking.)

BUT, I only want the swing arm LED's to come on for turn signals.
Will it work if I wire the swing arm LED's upstream of the run/turn/brake module so they don't come on for braking?

Did the bike have front turn signals from the factory? If yes, I would think it would be easy.

Front signals are Kuryakyn LED mirrors. I had not thought about wiring into the front signals. I think you are on to something....

Ahh, the front turn signals are also marker lights. Not what I was hoping to do.

I guess I'm back to wiring the swing arm signals upstream of the run/turn/brake module for the LED brake and strut markers.

Resistors?

Last edited by a moderator:
Front signals are Kuryakyn LED mirrors. I had not thought about wiring into the front signals. I think you are on to something....

Ahh, the front turn signals are also marker lights. Not what I was hoping to do.

I guess I'm back to wiring the swing arm signals upstream of the run/turn/brake module for the LED brake and strut markers.

Resistors?

Resistors, probably not as long as you have a load equalizer Motorcycle Load Equalizer

Back