free website stats program how can I upgrade a 2008 Road King Screaming Eagle | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

how can I upgrade a 2008 Road King Screaming Eagle

the best bang for your buck will be to rework the heads you have, like mentioned, and get high comp pistons, a more aggressive cam and custom dyno tune. it already has a good air cleaner, but if you're looking for max power get a 2-1 system (I hear alot of talk about D&D, thunderheader, v&h propipe when it comes to power)
Also, I think i read somewhere that the SE110 DOESN'T have roller rockers? I would get some of those in there too.
the SE 110 engines have a problem with blowing the rear head gasket, and this problem has been linked to excessive heat. get a jagg oil cooler installed, and for sure run full synthetic in all 3. (FYI SYN3 is not a full synthetic, just learned that today right on this forum!)

Much room for improvement with cylinder head mods,(to include spin-drop to correct the squish) cam change, exhaust improvement.
HUGE power gains.
But with case boring, the engine can quickly go to a 117", and with all of the above included, even more can be on tap, at any time, in any gear.:s

One word: Nitrous!

$400 to $500 for a 30% to 40% power increase, easy installation and will blow away mods costing 10 times as much.

Just remember, use it sparingly unless you also strengthen the bottom end, A LOT!

Laughing gas is illegal in a lot of areas, and has created more harm than good, usually.

Much room for improvement with cylinder head mods,(to include spin-drop to correct the squish) cam change, exhaust improvement.
HUGE power gains.
But with case boring, the engine can quickly go to a 117" or 124", and with all of the above included, even more can be on tap, at any time, in any gear, with out fear, of any type of power loss whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back