free website stats program Hot seat | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot seat

Hey guys this is my first post on this site so don't rag on me to hard:pelao
Was on a poker run this past Saturday, the temp was 90degrees and sun shinning like she was trying to burn herself out. My butt got so hot i thought my pants were on fire:small3d007: Took 3 cold ones to cool down.:bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20::bigsmiley20:
Anyway, where i'm going with this is how do you air condition a bike seat?:newsmile100:?
If i was to invent an air condtiioned seat do you think it would take the biking world by storm.
How do you guys keep your butt cool. Just thought i'd throw this out and see what comes back.:cheers

Try a piece of sheep skin. The wool will insulate you from the seat, Others have used beaded seat covers, the space in between the beads will allow air to circulate.
kemo

:cheers Hobbit, i was talking about the tail end getting hot while i was riding. :bigsmiley8: Just thought it would it make for a fun thread. Bully

What do you all do to cool the old tail end down while ridding in the heat?

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the same problem and ordered the product from Zood,as Hobbit advised. When its real hot don't help much but even a little is welcomed.

Do you have highway pegs? I find that changing foot positions helps change my rear position as well. The wind up the pant legs also helps cool me down.

+1 on the beadrider.

I have one on my bike and love it. I live in Texas and it do get hot down here. This weekend's forecasted high is 102-106 degrees. Since I git the beads I have not had a problem with my bottom getting hot.:D It is also way more comfortable now. Last summer I rode over 700 miles in one day. I could have gone longer.

Randall

Try these sheepskin/gel pads...they are cool and perfect for hot weather and comfortable...removes easily by unclipping 2 coated hooks, if you think it is going to rain...or get the non-sheep skin one, not as effective, but also can get wet and still dry easily, ready to ride with a quick wipe.

http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Back