free website stats program Hot Ride today | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot Ride today

BlinkerBlu

Today a friend and I rode up into the Sequoia National Park today. On our wat the temp. was about 96 at 11 AM. When we reached the 6 thousand ft. level it cooled down to about 87. I think the top of the mountain is in the 6500 to 7500 ft. range. 79 degrees best. To see the Redwoods and enjoy all the geed smells which comes with being in a wooded mountain range
and a cool wind blowing in our face, well, you just have to have been there.

When there is good sometimes there is bad. We dropped down to ablut 3000 feet along the Kern river. Would you beleive the temp. went up to 102 and by the time we reached the bottom and into the Southern San Joaquin Valley the temp. went up to 109. That is not the ending to a good ride I wanted.

Question: If you had your choice would you rather ride in the colder weather or do you like riding in warmer temps?:dknow

As my boss says," You can always dress for cold, but there is only so much you can take off before you offend someone.":bigsmiley11:

Question: If you had your choice would you rather ride in the colder weather or do you like riding in warmer temps?:dknow

Give me colder weather anyday.It is ALWAYS easier to warm up as opposed to cooling down.Throw some thermals on,better gloves,hand warmers,a big
fat fairing,a jumper etc etc etc.When the ambient temp is 100 degrees plus
and the humidity is 94% and you cant ride in tee shirts because the wind burn
and sun burn will flay your skin,plus there aint no protection;well you get the picture.
Plus all engines run better in winter.(and that H-D heat comes in handy.)

Heat doesn't bother me all that much. NC has been very hot this June (record breaking 100+ temps). Of coarse I would prefer to be in 78 deg weather.

I'm not a hot weather fan. It doesn't take much to keep me warm. If it gets very hot, I tend to get up early and ride in the morning or I ride in the late evenings.

I like it hot..........I just hate the cold. I'm a fair weather person. I can ride faster, or work slower in the heat, but in the cold I'm just miserable.

I like it hot..........I just hate the cold. I'm a fair weather person. I can ride faster, or work slower in the heat, but in the cold I'm just miserable.

My thoughts exactly!!! If I have to put on more than a pair of shorts and a T-shirtto go outside, it's to cold.

I'm not a hot weather fan. It doesn't take much to keep me warm. If it gets very hot, I tend to get up early and ride in the morning or I ride in the late evenings.

Early mornings and late evenings are my favorite times to ride. Seems to be less traffic at those times which makes for a more relaxed ride.

Back