free website stats program Hot in Florida | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot in Florida

80 isn't hot by Oz standards. It was 107.2 here last Friday after 4 days of over 100. Luckily we had a cool change over the weekend (down to 90) and it is a pleasant 93 at the moment.

GB from Australia

107 uh? Now that'll sizzle your crotch hair (unless shaven)! Never gets that way here in MI, 'les'n were grillin' some road sausages.

did my time in northern MI, glad to be down here except for the hurricanes, been 22 yrs here and still can't get use to the hot summers, I talk to the family up north and don't miss it

I hear that! I'm originally from St. Albans, VT. Moved down here to Jacksonville in 1981 thanks to Uncle Sammy's Canoe Club. Bought a house and haven't regretted a second of it. Most of the time in the summer the mercury tops out around 95° and in the winter, averages around 50°. My sister still lives up in VT. I call her from time to time in the winter to let her know I'm BBQing some steaks and having a cold malt beverage in a short sleeve t-shirt when she's wallering around in 2' of that frozen white stuff and the temperature outside would have to warm up some to get to "cold".

Hi Mavagrand - Saw the beginning of this post from December. I noticed you mentioned Anna Maria Island and Bradenton - Sarasota area. I am coming down for the month of March with my 05 Wide Glide. We stay at the Tara Golf & CC in Bradenton. Maybe you could tell me where is some good bike night hangouts? I have been riding for a long time but just bought my first Harley last year and really looking forward to our Florida trip this year. This will be my wife introduction to biking. Going to try to make it over to Daytona.

Here ya go, [url="http://www.hogs4sale.com/Events/eventsFlorida

I dont do a lot of bike night stuff..but have been to the restaurants listed that are in SArasota, can recommend them. I will tell you March is a nice time to be in Florida. If you have time, take a ride through the Ocala Forest, it is a national park and is beautiful. We actually have some terrain there as well, not all flat. If the wife enjoys shopping, scoot on down to St. Armands circle, plenty to browse (be warned, EXPENSIVE) Dont know how your getting here but a stop at St. Augustine would be worth it as well, if your in that area. Enjoy your ride, man it will be nice. Daytona is not too far away from Bradenton, figure four hours without rushing. If you make it there, check out Destination Daytona they have Bruce Rossemeyers, you won't believe the number of bikes he carries (dont buy anything, EXPENSIVE) and, if you do want something J&P Cycles is right beside him, you can purchase there much more reasonably. Anyway, good luck with the ride, hope the wife enjoys it. I am actually getting married in March but shoot me a PM when your here, maybe we can hook up.

Thanks for the info. I didn't make my self clear but I have been down there at least four years in a row. Just never had bike before. Good luck on your wedding in March. If possible maybe we can hook up but I sure would understand if we couldn't you know newlwed and all. I hope to get there last week of February. I am trailering the bike down. Thanks again for the response.

Your welcome, JB. Thanx for the well wishes. Not either of our first, gonna be a party for friends/family and a weeks vacation for us and you can bet it will be on my scoot!! :) Hope that info helped you.

Back