free website stats program Hot in Florida | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot in Florida

If you're loking for parts go to Miller's on South Ridgewood in Daytona... Better selection the J&P.

I was wondering if I should continue to use the Syn tec3 20w 50 oil that came in my 2009 FLHX. Should I consider using a thicker oil here in south florida? She does run hot!

Last edited:
I was wondering if I should continue to use the Syn tec3 20w 50 oil that came in my 2009 FLHX. Should I consider using a thicker oil here in south florida? She does run hot!

Harley puts that in their new bikes ???
I just bought a 09 FLHX

what's in your bike is Syn3..it is NOT a true synthetic and not the best option. go with any good aftermarket synthethic oil. Mobile1, AmsOil, Royal Purple, to name a few. YOur bike will run a little cooler. Also put a good Synthetic GEAR oil in your tranny..many available. Ride safe.

As mentioned above, use a better quality oil in your bike. Syn 3 is a blended oil and not a true synthetic and there are many better choices and in some cases for less cost than they Syn 3. The 20/50 weight oils are fine in all temps.

Ok. Here's for all your Northerner's. It's getting down to the high 30s tonight in Florida...feel better.:) (although it will be sunny and mid 60s during the day tomorrow) hehehe zoom zoom

Back