free website stats program Hot Harleys | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hot Harleys

Courts and common sense? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOOLOLOLOOLOLOLLOLLLOOLLOLLOO!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry, I got carried away.
Anyway , where were we? Oh ya......LOLOLOLOLOLLOLLLOLLOLLOOLLOLO!!!!!!!!!!!!
wilks3 :s
:USA

If any of you lawyers are reading this thread please get a dose of common sense before it is too late.

We don't want you to represent us.
Please go back to chasing ambulances and leave Harley alone.
... .. .. .

Yep, remember the Airborne herbal cold remedy created by the enterprising school teacher. Have used the stuff for years, obviously doesn't cure a cold but sure made you feel better for about a hour or two after taking it. Loved the stuff and it was all generic vitamins and herbs. Thought it was one America's best did good stories.

Well some character with no character got his lawyer friend to start a class action suit stating that it gave false claims that it cured a cold. In case you haven't figured it out class action suits are money makers for lawyers. Anyhow I had read all the labels, it's ridiculous to ascertain that from what was on the labels. But a California Judge awarded a $23.3 million settlement of a class-action lawsuit for false advertising. The makers of Airborne even though paying up, still does not admit wrongdoing or illegal conduct.

I think Airborne is a fantastic product and does exactly what it said. I still use it, just the price went up some after the lawsuit. We have thieves in high places.

In case you haven't figured it out class action suits are money makers for lawyers.

Read John Grisham's excellent book, "King of Torts," and it'll really open your eyes to how true this statement is!

I think this is a case of "careful what you wish for." Simply silencing any critic, be that lawyer or consumer, is not really going to help MoCo. Let me explain.

At the beginning of this riding season I was chatting informally with a salesman. He had just been to a staff meeting, and was lamenting the announcement that our dealership was going to receive 100 fewer bikes to sell than last season.

He didn't have to worry. The showroom is now stuffed with bikes that did not sell.

And that's the problem. These bikes are an amalgamation of big bikes, little bikes, new and used, 96-inch and new 103-inch models and I never saw any V-Rods there this year. No matter what MoCo offered at any price the bikers in my area decided to wait it out. In fact, I started a thread about my goal to do minimal modifications over this winter.

Harley has the oldest demographic of any bike company. "We" might despise the idea of water-jackets on a big-twin, but time marches on. Talk about heat, yikes, my currect Sportster is the hottest bike I've ever driven. Sitting at a stoplight creates waves of heat pouring off of the motor--like lifting the lid of a Weber Grill. This ain't my first trip to the rodeo, I've ridden in hot summers for decades.

The current bikes have been leaned out to make EPA numbers. The dressers now have catalytic converters. And numerous people are voting with their wallets. The problem is not a radiator, but rather how to R/D one into a 1936 design. Like it or not, it's coming.

Like the thread Another Death - Harley Davidson Community It seems do to the lack of common sense we have allowed Big Brother to control most aspects of life. The simple fact that if you are dressed properly to ride a motorcycle the likely hood of getting burnt is non existent. All the frivalous lawsuits do, is not keep any one safer do to the lack of common sense, but raise the purchase price of said item to cover the inflated cost of liability insurance that a manufacture has to pay because of these bogus claims. Subjects like this infuriates me to no end....:bigsmiley19:

The problem with bogus class action suits is the filthy lawyers get lots of cash and the actual plaintiffs get a gift card.

Every corporation--and that includes MoCo--has a department that is usually called "risk management." I worked in a hospital in finance and I can assure you that nothing stops a procedure, an investment, a lawsuit or an order for Chop Suey faster than a simple memo from a risk management department.

Oh, the MoCo family might wear black leather at photo ops and even dance around like rough tough bikers, but nobody stands up to risk management.

Before you criticize that idea, what would you do if you owned a multi-million dollar company?

I'm sure most of you know the U.S.A. has more of those bottom feeding (EDIT), called lawyers, than the rest of the world combined, I guess they have to justify their existance some how.
It's a shame that they get to use the same air the rest have to breath.
This is just another example of the flawed court system.
Yes Harleys run hot so what, these people should get a life, maybe on some other planet!

Please read and understand the info in this link below...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

This is just another example of the flawed court system.

There we disagree. It depends on whose ox is being gored.

If I made a comment about rush hour traffic and cars, I'm sure many would respond with stories about idiots and cagers. At least one of you would opine that, "they're all out there to kill you." You want justice and fairness.

We all live in a modern society and we enjoy the fruits of that privilege. And in any society there are predators, highwaymen and most twisted deranged criminals you can imagine. And when one of them does something, the 'good people' say, "Why doesn't someone do something?"

Nine out of ten times that's an attorney, and as mercenary as he might be he's our attorney. And when he uses his skill to extract justice and a remedy, he's a hero, perhaps even a congressman.

When that same attorney crafts DB legislation on your straight pipes then he's vermin.

There we disagree. It depends on whose ox is being gored.

If I made a comment about rush hour traffic and cars, I'm sure many would respond with stories about idiots and cagers. At least one of you would opine that, "they're all out there to kill you." You want justice and fairness.

We all live in a modern society and we enjoy the fruits of that privilege. And in any society there are predators, highwaymen and most twisted deranged criminals you can imagine. And when one of them does something, the 'good people' say, "Why doesn't someone do something?"

Nine out of ten times that's an attorney, and as mercenary as he might be he's our attorney. And when he uses his skill to extract justice and a remedy, he's a hero, perhaps even a congressman.

When that same attorney crafts DB legislation on your straight pipes then he's vermin.

And thats why I believe that there is a higher power because no one here on earth has proved to me that they know what their doing! Ridicule on both sides of the coin hasnt got us anywhere! JMHO!

Back