free website stats program Horn | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn

I am looking at a couple of air horn systems. The mini beast is popular, and readily available from a couple of the larger distributors. Another on is the Steubel.
I won't be changing mine for a bit, mine is located under the battery box and not easily accessable. But should you go this route, let me know how it worked for you.

FXR or Die

If you do a search "horn", you should find a thread.
I think every horn made has had a review posted.
I got a Fiamm (?) "freeway blaster" which claims to be 110+ db, and several said was good. I'm not at all impressed with it. Part of the HD horn problem is it's poorly located.

I have a Bad Boy air horn, it works well. I haven't relocated it. I am not real fussy about the looks of it but it works.
kemo

I want to replace the anemic sounding horn on my 2008 1200R. Something nice and loud would be nice. Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Is there an adjuster screw on the horn, may give it a few turns, or you can use an AC Delco horn from a car in its place they have adjuster screws Cadillac horns sound good:s

Had a Rivco dual horn system installed at the Leesburg rally several years ago and I'm real happy with it. It's electric, not an air horn, so all you really need to add is a relay. One horn goes under the stock horn cover and the other mounts low on the engine guard by your left foot. Tons louder than the stock horn!

Thanks for the info. I will check and see if there is an adjustment screw. My horn in located up front on the frame. i like the suggestion for Caddy horn!
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I will check and see if there is an adjustment screw. My horn in located up front on the frame. i like the suggestion for Caddy horn!
Thanks!

If your horn is adjustable it will probably have a plastic screw, spray it first with some WD 40 and go easy:s

There is a supplier who ran a test of 6 horns they carry and found the Hella horns were the loudest...

Motorcycle Horn Comparison Review

Unfortunately the function of the horn though a piece of safety equipment, does not "buy" you safety as it is an alert device "after the fact" or "long before" the hazard becomes an executable of activity to avoid.

In a car it is more functional, but on a bike it is just one more delaying tactic that may or may not prevent an accident. Effective countermeasures on a bike require activity to maintain balance AS WELL AS tactics, identifying hazards and executing an activity.

Leaves not much time to stab a "panic button" and hope the other party will react properly and perform counter measures. Not saying a loud horn is not good, but should not be "relied on" beyond just an alert device.

Back