free website stats program Horn Relocation? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn Relocation?

On my deuce I moved the horn to the brace that is on the front down tubes at the top.There was already a hole in that bracket,it was a 1 beer job.

On my deuce I moved the horn to the brace that is on the front down tubes at the top.There was already a hole in that bracket,it was a 1 beer job.

That would be the hole the engine guard bolts on correct?

Are you talking about where a crashbar would bolt onto the front of the frame? Been lookin at that myself. It's up high and out in front.

Yea guys thats the place. Plan was to put it in the stock location, but on closer look
it didn't work. Was at the shop the other day an saw an FXR without the wheel on, so in fact it wasn't even close. Could possibly still do that, if the compressor is separated and mounted else where. Just looking for the easy road this year. I just want to blast the next guy that cuts me off with 139db.

Another option
horn-1.jpg

Smitty....I have one on a FXR.......kinda like 'Peewees' Big Adventure'.....:p

After doing a search and reading posts on other forums, I'm having second thoughts about this Lenale fan. Going to let the warm months roll around and see how the new HD oil cooler works and go from there. I've seen some good posts and SEVERAL negative posts about the fan. If it's only good for a year or so that's an expensive investment to keep replacing. Reminds me of the lifetime guarantee on a car starter.......if you have to change it every couple of months what's the use?

I took the cowbell off totally and just mounted the horn itself as low down on the right front tube as possible (by the forward rear brake pedal) You hardly notice it since the horn and the frame are both black. I used the relocation bracket that came with my lenale fan plus I cut a short piece of flat strap. You can see this on the Dyna Videos thread.

Remember where ever you mount your horn it has to be mounted with the soft rubber washer or it won't work (or it won't be very loud at all) The diaphram in the horn won't vibrate properly if it is mounted solid.

On Dynas there is a tempting square hole at the top of the A frame tube right in front, but Lenale said he advises against this area since if you bottom out on a pothole the front fender could hit the horn there and cause further loss of control.

Back