free website stats program Horn questions | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn questions

No problem at all. Hope it sounds better than you expected.:s

Sounds great very load. To get it to beep beep I forgot you have to hit the horn twice, but thats OK. Not much room for the wiring on my bike but I got it.
Again thanks:bigsmiley12:

No problem at all. Hope it sounds better than you expected.:s

Hey buddy since the stock horn had 2 stakes 1 hot the other was the ground. So no need for to go to the relay would it, cause wouldn't be the same as gronding the horn to the frame or does that have something to do with the horn button or relay. I just little confused that's all. lol The horn works so guess everything is fine. Yes the horn only has one stake which is the power.
thanks again:D

Hey buddy since the stock horn had 2 stakes 1 hot the other was the ground. So no need for to go to the relay would it, cause wouldn't be the same as gronding the horn to the frame or does that have something to do with the horn button or relay. I just little confused that's all. lol The horn works so guess everything is fine. Yes the horn only has one stake which is the power.
thanks again:D

Hoople disreguard this post. Everything is fine was thinking about something else sorry about.:small3d031:

If the replacement horn is drawing more power than the stock horn you may overload the wiring/horn button causing electrical melt down
The relay is used to keep the amount of watts going through the handlebar wiring and switch to a minimum
the original wiring is suitable as a trigger for a relay
a relay is an electronically operated switch that can handle higher loads than the handlebar button

I would suggest that you do not use the horn till it is wired safely an electrical fire on your bike can spoil a nice ride

Brian

If the replacement horn is drawing more power than the stock horn you may overload the wiring/horn button causing electrical melt down
The relay is used to keep the amount of watts going through the handlebar wiring and switch to a minimum
the original wiring is suitable as a trigger for a relay
a relay is an electronically operated switch that can handle higher loads than the handlebar button

I would suggest that you do not use the horn till it is wired safely an electrical fire on your bike can spoil a nice ride

Brian

Thanks Brain, I have a relay installed and the proper wire gauge..:bigsmiley12:

Back