free website stats program Horn intermittent | Harley Davidson Forums

Horn intermittent

rjsogard

Good morning all

I have a simple issue with my 06 FXDWGI WIDE GLIDE. Today i went for a ride to work and had to use my horn and it work then it cut off. so i pushed it again and nothing! So when i get home tonight What would be a a good starting point to start my Problem? Thanks all

Had it happen to me one time, I wiggled the wires at the horn and it solved my issue. Haven't had a problem since.

Or sometimes the diaphragm on the horn will not vibrate. There maybe a screw on back of horn to adjust. If you have a test light remove connector and probe wire and I bet you will have power to horn but it will not sound.:s

If you have a screw for adjusting horn go easy they are plastic on newer horns. You can run a hot wire to horn and ground the horn, if it works it will sound off right away, eliminating the button as the problem

Hello again

Well here's what i did. I disonnected the leads to the horn and put a multimeter on the wire leads and pushed the horn button and i got 13.0 volts. so that is good. Now hooked a 9 volt battery to the horn. and no sound. so now i guess i need a horn. I will take the horn apart and see if that adjusting screw will work. Thanks all.

Back