Hoppe Fairing

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by roadkingrider_2001, Feb 14, 2016.

Hello. I am new to the group and have a question. I have an opportunity to purchase a Hoppe detachable fairing. It came of a Softail. I ride a Road King and am just wondering if it will fit my bike before purchasing it. Thank you for the help.

1. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I would contact Hoppe directly with your year and model Harley and ask them.

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

3. Thank you both. I sent an email.

4. Thanks again. I contacted Hoppe and found out it will fit by changing the mounting brackets. Picked up the fairing and bought new brackets. At the paint shop now.

HDDon likes this.
  5. scooper321

scooper321 Member

That's a lot cheaper than buying new! Congrats!

6. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

Detachable fairing is a great find.You may never detach it.lol

HDDon likes this.
  7. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Pictures.....

8. scooper321

scooper321 Member

Last year was my first year with it on my RK and you're right; I never detached it. However, as much as I love it, I think for those hot July and August weekends, riding locally with friends, I'm going to take it off and enjoy the wind. Still, having that "bug catcher" up front when the sun goes down isn't a bad thing! You'll love it!

9. I am sure it will never get detached. I am going to enjoy the music too much.