free website stats program Hooking Up GPS | Harley Davidson Forums

Hooking Up GPS

glenalt

I plugged in my Garmin to the AUX on the Limited. When I want to listen to directions I have to have it set to AUX and you can't hear any tunes. Is there a way to set it so I can listen to tunes and when the GPS gives directions it will mute or lesson the tunes and let you hear the GPS directions?

I can't answer that part of your question, but the volume on my Garmin 285 is not loud enough to hear above 20 mph. Even set to 100%. Mine is plugged into the cig. lighter, because I also use it in my car and the power cord has the traffic receiver built into it.

You didn't say what model Garmin you have. If you have the Zumo 665 with the XM radio, you should be able to hear it over the AUX module. However, if it's not the Zumo 665, you can try Cycle Gadgets (Google the name) as they have a Kennedy Technology set up that may help you. I've called them in the past and they are very customer oriented; just let them know what model you have and what you want to accomplish.

Ride Safe!

Thanks guys. I have the Garmin 2730, Sat radio, MP3 player and it even does GPS. I have not renewed the Sat radio, so that is a mute issue, no pun intended.

What I want to do is listen to the Radio, CB or CD that's on the bike. It is the standard HK and be able to hear the directions thru the same unit. I could load my tunes into the Garmin but I really like listening to the radio. That way I can keep up with the local weather, news etc.

I can hear it thru it if I use the mode switch and switch it to the AUX mode when I get close but that seems like a pain to do.

sounds like you do need to talk to Cycle Gadgets. It isnt cheap though (the gizmo they sell to provide what you want)...which is why I havent done it yet....

sounds like you do need to talk to Cycle Gadgets. It isnt cheap though (the gizmo they sell to provide what you want)...which is why I havent done it yet....

I went to their site and it looks like they have some sort of interface. I'll have to give them a call. Thanks 2wheel

I believe you can still get your CB and Intercom conversations to break over the Aux audio. I loaded my GPS with MP3s and rarely carry CDs or listen to broadcast radio.

If you insist on Broadcast or CDs and Directions, Cycle Gadgets is likely your best choice.

I believe it will work that way as well. Now I just have to load up the GPS with some tunes. Thanks guys.

I have a 665 that plays the tunes and nav voice via the AUX port. You can hear CB and Intercom via your headset but when the AUX is active you can't use the Radio obviously. If the Radio is on, you can still use the CB and intercom too. Its an either or situation with the AUX and Radio.

The Kennedy Technology Connect a Cellphone, radar detector, GPS and Family or Amatuer Radio to a Harley-Davidson Ultra Classic products are pretty nice but I prefer the nav voice to be over the speakers and not my headset. When I have the XM or mp3's playing it just cuts them and plays the nav directions. Setting all the voice and audio settings to 100% on your GPS will help too. Riders around me can hear directions if they are close enough.

I just wish the HK radio had a rear aux port to make installations look so much cleaner.

Back