free website stats program homemade rain sock?? | Harley Davidson Forums

homemade rain sock??

jlouden

i just put a SE high flow 58mm air cleaner kit on my SG. trouble is the rain sock doesnt fit that well. anybody have any ideas what else a guy could use for a rain sock?

First you have to ask why it does not fit well? Is it the proper rain sock for that filter? HD makes two filters for that kit one for use with lower fairings and one for not useing lower fairings. One filter is shorter than the other therby with the socks one is shorter than the other. Since the socks are ordered seperatly are you sure they ordered the right sock for your filter. If it is a problem with the screaming eagle logo twisting around to where you cannot see it a little dab of RTV on the backside of the clamp end will prevent this and allow for easy removal/clean up when needed.

its the stage 1 air cleaner (round one) not the heavy breather. i just want to know if anyone knew of any other material i could use to make one

i just put a SE high flow 58mm air cleaner kit on my SG. trouble is the rain sock doesnt fit that well. anybody have any ideas what else a guy could use for a rain sock?

An old sock:D

KN Rain Sock - Harley Davidson Community

its the stage 1 air cleaner (round one) not the heavy breather. i just want to know if anyone knew of any other material i could use to make one

You can buy one here...

KN Rain Sock - Harley Davidson Community

Call me crazy but an old pair of panty hose will work in a bind:s

Back