free website stats program Homemade dent puller> | Harley Davidson Forums

Homemade dent puller>

Interesting...Indeed!
Very clever method.
Questions.....How big was the original Dent? was it a rounded dent or was there any sharp/creased angles?
When you removed the silicon was the dent gone 100% or 90% or ??
Please talk it up about this? like what you would have done differently or what problems you had etc...

"Necessity is the mother of invention"-Plato.
Good to see you are able to work on the bike a bit. Before/after pics would have been worth seeing but we will settle for after.;)

Interesting...Indeed!
Very clever method.
Questions.....How big was the original Dent? was it a rounded dent or was there any sharp/creased angles?
When you removed the silicon was the dent gone 100% or 90% or ??
Please talk it up about this? like what you would have done differently or what problems you had etc...

It was more of round-oblong dent 3"high x 5" wide. It took 6 trys...different methods. I also tried air pressure in the tank until the gas cap seal inside popped, then tried heating the dent with a hot air gun, and used a can of Dust Off-air in a can (upside down) and froze the dent. That worked a little. On my dent puller I used a hot glue gun. Silicone would never work...too soft. As I slowly cranked on the nut, the hot glue would eventually just pop off the tank. I really think pressurizing the tank with an air compressor works the best. I pulled out about 95% of that dent, but on the other side there are two smaller dents that are narrow creases half inch deep and neither of them would budge with these methods. Bondo time.

"Necessity is the mother of invention"-Plato.
Good to see you are able to work on the bike a bit. Before/after pics would have been worth seeing but we will settle for after.;)

Attachments

• H-wreck lf sd..JPG
    H-wreck lf sd..JPG
    600.1 KB · Views: 15
The pic doesn't do it justice. Lots of small things are bent that you can't see.
Yeah...Plato is da man!!!!!

Back