free website stats program Home Made Tools | Harley Davidson Forums

Home Made Tools

glider.

BOT Machine
Let's see some of the home made tools that you have made and if possible a detailed explanation of how they work and what they are used for would be helpful too.:D

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Got to be some challenge to it. What does it look like it is?

Attachments

• BulbTester 001.jpg
    BulbTester 001.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 760
  • BulbTester 002.jpg
    BulbTester 002.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 588
Hobbit ,,, You don't Win the Cupie Doll but that was a Good Guess. It's a load tester for testing a stator as a stand alone A/C generator. (3) 1000 watt projection lamps that put a good 20 amps of load across a stator. The brightness tells you if all 3 phases are equal.

Ahhh what the heck Hobbit, You Win the Cupie Doll !! :p:p

This is my bead breaker. Used best features from several different units and built what I wanted.

IMG_18791.JPG

No pictures but in a bind you can use a castle nut turned backwards with the castle end facing the bolt to chase the threads of a damaged bolt:D

Took a 1 7/8" standard socket, mounted it on the lathe, parted it near the square drive end then expanded a piece of 2" pipe, 6" long, on my tube bending machine/muffler, so the socket would just fit. then I pressed the socket end into the pipe, half the depth of the socket, and ran a bead around it. then I flipped it to the other end and set the square drive end on it and ran another bead around it. voila deep socket to use for the forward belt sprocket nut.---jack

FXD2003Rider

When I relocated the front turn signals to the base of the aux lights on my 2003FXD, I had to pull out the socket assembly from the turn signal housing.

I was worried to cause damage to the socket assembly by using a screw driver; therefore I made a "socket assembly extraction tool" out of a metal coat-hanger.

You simply squeeze it, hook up the pins into the notches where the bulb fits in................

.........and gently pull out the socket assembly:

8f670462.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back