free website stats program Home from the Pacific NW | Harley Davidson Forums

Home from the Pacific NW

SilverFoXD

Contributor
Just arrived home from a 15 day, 4,112 mile ride from Phoenix up through the Utah parks (Zion etc), Lolo Pass, Seattle, and down the Pacific coast on the 101 and Hwy 1 in California. Had a great time, kept dry for the most part but had rain through all of Washington and most of Oregon. Will post photos in a day or so.

Met a couple from Tasmania who had pre-purchased a Street Bob from a Seattle area dealer. They were riding the coast south to Los Angeles and would be shipping the bike home where it would join their existing ride, a Bonneville. This made more economic sense to them than renting for the one-way ride. He commented how riding on the 'wrong' side of the road through roundabouts was 'interesting'.

Nice folks and this is their first Harley. I gave them the HDforum address and they may show up here.

wife & I took the train to Seattle & rented a car and went to forks in April (wife doen't ride). What a neat town forks is.Daughter wants to move there. Ride Safe Doug

Did you stop off in Forks for a Twilight Tour?

Forks was in full rain mode when we pulled in. Burgers at the diner for lunch plus fueled up the bikes at the Tesoro station across the street. The closest we were to twilight was in the low gray clouds.

The diner staff was complaining about the rain, said winter had started and would be like this for months, and we should have been there "last week". One group at a table was intrigued by the fools from Arizona, riding in the rain.

See my more complete writeup with photos in the Trips section.

Silver :bigsmiley28:

Back