free website stats program Holy Cow - First ride on 2010 SG | Harley Davidson Forums

Holy Cow - First ride on 2010 SG

bobl

My 2010 SG arrived a few days early. I picked it up yesterday and have now taken my first short ride (30 miles). Wow what bike. I've only ridden two other bikes in my life (the 250 I took my class on and my 883 Sportster). I really wanted to move up to a bigger bike and all I can say is Holy Cow. I really had no idea just how nice this bike was going to be.

Looks like some good weather here in VA for the coming week. I'm certainly going to enjoy it.

My only disappointment so far is the short windsheild, at 6'2", I'm definitely going to have to increase the height for the winter.

Bob
:D

Congratulation on such a GREAT bike... it's on my list but I will have to wait awhile... what color did you get? POST PICTURES :D

My 2010 SG arrived a few days early. I picked it up yesterday and have now taken my first short ride (30 miles). Wow what bike. I've only ridden two other bikes in my life (the 250 I took my class on and my 883 Sportster). I really wanted to move up to a bigger bike and all I can say is Holy Cow. I really had no idea just how nice this bike was going to be.

Looks like some good weather here in VA for the coming week. I'm certainly going to enjoy it.

My only disappointment so far is the short windsheild, at 6'2", I'm definitely going to have to increase the height for the winter.

Bob
:D

Get the checkbook ready - you'll eventually want a different seat, a backrest, and highway pegs at a minimum. Then come upgraded speakers, new grips, etc.

Enjoy your new ride. Now the mods begain. Love my 09 bought it late Dec now I got about 13000 on it wish I didn't have to work it keeps getting in the way. Only good thing is work is only 3 miles from home. Wife doesn't understand why it takes me a hour or more to get home sometimes.

GMurdock...take her on a few rides out back...she'll know why after a few...makes it easier to understand when the mods start coming...:lolrolling

bobl: Follow the engine break-in directions in the self help section. Also, congrats on your bike. I went from a 1200 Sporty (rode it for 7 yrs!) and then got the 09 RG. I was amazed as you were!

Ride safe and have fun!

I understand how you feel. Recently got an "09 Ultra and kept my "06 1200. Both bring smiles to my face every time I get on one of them.

Back