free website stats program Holiday Weekends and Idiot Drivers | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Holiday Weekends and Idiot Drivers

Wait until it gets dark & then you're not only dealing w/drivers - there's all the "chuckle-heads" blowing off every firework in your direction. Hate cruising through a firework debris field - dud firecrackers go off & give me a mini heart attack...happy 3rd-4th of July...;-)

I didn't notice the spelling error either , as for riding this weekend , my bike is my only transportation right now , as my truck motor blew up Monday.

Mine is parked in the shed. Too much going on down on the coast. Along with that you have the drunk drivers. Nope. I'll sit at home with the dogs and my wife, have a glass of tea and chill this weekend...oh yeah...HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!:cheers:USA

For what it is worth, it is no different here in Canada. We leave the bike in the garage and just enjoy the back yard on long weekends. Live between Vancouver and Whistler and between the tourists in rented cars from the airport driving 20 under the limit and wandering all over the road, and the morons in their hot cars and SUV's from the city heading to Whistler and wanting to get there before they even left, the highway is too nuts for us. Just not worth going anywhere.

For what it is worth, it is no different here in Canada. We leave the bike in the garage and just enjoy the back yard on long weekends. Live between Vancouver and Whistler and between the tourists in rented cars from the airport driving 20 under the limit and wandering all over the road, and the morons in their hot cars and SUV's from the city heading to Whistler and wanting to get there before they even left, the highway is too nuts for us. Just not worth going anywhere.

Not much better out my way. I live on a major intersection on the edge of cottage country. The city dwellers of questionable intelligence who spend all week never driving above 40 mph are driving 10 to 20 over the limit AND tailgating. I can watch out my front window at total stupidity driving by with plenty of close calls all weekend and ambulances going fairly steady as well. Our little side of the province swells from around 5000 local residents to over 45000 on weekends. From watching these people drive by, you'd swear turn signals were an option most vehicles didn't come with and most of them got their licences out of a Cracker Jacks box.

Lately it seems like that just about everyday here in Pa. I'm always seeing people on cell phones cutting lanes and not using signals, eating and driving, makeup and driving, and yes, even reading the newspaper or a book while driving... What are these people thinking!? Sad part is that they don't even seem to care... :-(

Living in central florida around Disney world brings it's own challenges...then throw in a holiday week end and it just amazing how crazy people are behind the wheel. Also, something that facinates me is when I'm going to work, I work at the Kennedy Space center where about 5000 people go to work at the same time. I have idiots passing me at 80 miles an hour going to work. I just can't figure that one out.

Back