free website stats program Holiday Weekends and Idiot Drivers | Harley Davidson Forums

Holiday Weekends and Idiot Drivers

rmarino14

Went out on my bike this morning to run some errands and pay my employees at the shop. The morning everything was fine not many people on the road and it seemed like the cagers knew what they were doing. Fast forward to about 1:30PM after I left my shop it was like I stepped into another dimension. I know holidays bring people from other areas into mine but come on basic driving skills don't change from city to city or state. It was so hectic out there I came home and put the bike away :(

I was going to take my bike to my brother-in-laws but now I'm taking my truck....... at least I can use the AC.

Does it get crazy out where you guys live during these long holiday weekends?

From what I see it is Rush hour in the morning and rush hour going home. Whack-o's in a hurry to get to work, driving & eating breakfast at the same time while on the cell phone.. Only to get to their place of work and stare at their watch until lunch time.

From what I see it is Rush hour in the morning and rush hour going home. Whack-o's in a hurry to get to work, driving & eating breakfast at the same time while on the cell phone.. Only to get to their place of work and stare at their watch until lunch time.

The distractions that people have during the work week is the main reason I will not take my bike to work. The evening and weekends is when I ride and feel safe. I wish I could live in the country but I can't so it is what it is and I have to deal with it.

It is ironic you should make such a post on such a beautiful day here in central VA. I have a softail deuce and a geezer glide, the missus has a low rider and a Can-Am Spyder. There is not a cloud in the sky and the weather is absolutely perfect. Neither one of us has any intention of taking any of the bikes out. We are hanging out with the dogs and the computers. Sometimes it is best just to wait until the crazies have gone back to their normal routines. It is a shame it has to be this way, but it is not worth the risk to be in such close proximity to such deadly weapons operated by incompetent, distracted and inconsiderate drivers.

I feel your pain! It's a perfect riding weekend here in Vacationland, but the bike is in the garage and we're having people over here for the fourth. That way I don't have to fight with the 'summer complaints" that have come up to enjoy the holiday. Although most of them can't stay off their cell phone long enough to even tell where they are. :small3d012:

At least most of them stay on the coast and leave the hills to us locals.:D

I can see some other personalities in that post glider and its not yours :s

Brian

Back