Holes in tour pak

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by hogcowboy, Dec 17, 2012.

1. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Anybody got any suggestions as what to plug the holes with on a tour pak where the speakers and back rest are when removed? The speaker holes are big at 9/16 inch and there are six of them. The back rest holes are 3/8 inch. I've tried the hardware store and they didn't have anything that big or that small. A bunch bigger stuff though. And even looking online I any found one place that has something that MIGHT work so I've got that ordered. But you got any suggestions of what I might want to bolt in those locations. I'm thinking maybe some amber reflectors for the speaker holes but I'm drawing a blank on the backrest. So you got any ideas? I ride solo so don't need or want the stuff there. Just gets in my way.

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

3. zoood

zoood Junior Member Product Contributor

Ive seen individuals that used the tour pac as their back rest. This way you wouldnt have to plug any of it.

zoood

4. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

There are a lot of different license plate bolts that might work. My lic. plate is held on by chrome bar & shield head bolts. Also, my Lowes hardware section has chrome plugs in many sizes like the black ones in above link.
    harley license plate bolts in Accessories | eBay

5. hogcowboy

hogcowboy Active Member

Iv'e ordered something similar to that but it's for material that's 1/16 inch thick. Was hoping some clear silicon sealant might hold it in place. This company has it for thicker stuff but I don't see a way to register so you can order it but will see if I can give them a call. Thanks

I don't like a backrest so this option won't work for me. Thanks though.

If the above suggestions don't work I'll look at this. Thanks