free website stats program Hogtunes ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Hogtunes ?

hotrodjohn

I put the 160 four channel watt amp and speakers from Hogtunes last week. I added the 140 amp and the lowers today. I used the blue plug bypass out of the four channel amp to feed the two channel lowers. Should my fader work? it dosent. I set both amps at +3 gain, is that proper? I am quite happy with how it sounds in the driveway but out on the tollway it leaves a bit to be desired (I dont like it). Sounds like the wind inside the fairing is causing problems. I have some "egg crate" foam would that work inside the fairing? If not what should I use?? Help:(

Yes, your fader should work, but I can't help with the wiring. Any kind of padding inside the fairing will work. I bought a roll of air conditioning duct insulation at the home center for $14. It is thin adhesive foam, with tinfoil on one side. I stick some on, peel the tin foil off and repeat to get some depth. That J&M stuff looks good, but pricey.

Yes, your fader should work, but I can't help with the wiring. Any kind of padding inside the fairing will work. I bought a roll of air conditioning duct insulation at the home center for $14. It is thin adhesive foam, with tinfoil on one side. I stick some on, peel the tin foil off and repeat to get some depth. That J&M stuff looks good, but pricey.

I just looked at the instructions. I must have bumped the switch on the amp to 2 channel. o well I guess I have to take the fairing off to addd the sound deadener anyway

I called their tech people several times and they were very helpful. Don't hesitate to give them a call if things still aren't working.

I bought Dynamat and put it inside the fairing. Made a noticable diferance at high speed. well worth the $36.00. I also moved the switch on the four channel amp from four to two and back to four and now the fader works:D

Attachments

• IMAG0181.jpg
    IMAG0181.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0182.jpg
    IMAG0182.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMAG0183.jpg
    IMAG0183.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 31
Back