free website stats program Hogtune lower kit VS tourpak kit | Harley Davidson Forums

Hogtune lower kit VS tourpak kit

leo13

I got the Hogtunes front speakers and amp kit for my FLHTC, but won't get them in before my 3 week overseas trip (work). My next mod was going to be the tour pak kit, but since I have lowers on my my bike, I'm wondering if the lower kit would be a better way to go.

First, it seems like having speakers in front (granted they are pointed at my knees) wouldn't provide better sound then speakers pointed at the back of my head. Secondly, this will put the extra weight lower in the center of gravity, and third, the cost is less.

While I'm in the fairing putting in the amp & speakers, I might as well run all the wires. Thoughts?

Leo,

While you're under the fairing, add the HogPod right away. It really makes a big difference, it's unreal, you won't be disappointed.

B1-B,

I was with F-111s (during the Vietnam conflict) and crew chief on F-4s after. Now I'm doing F-15 Trainers, and plan to retire within a year.

As a bass player, I'm really more interested in mids and lows then highs so I really hadn't thought about the Hog Pod. I heard a guy pull into a parking lot at a local cycle shop yesterday, had upgraded speaker (2 tweeters visible in the speaker covers) and Hog Pods - this guy was LOUD. I hope I never get that obnoxious with volume!

And in my first post, I meant to say the lowers should sound better to the driver than the Tour Pak speakers. Has anybody riden bikes with either or both?

Back