free website stats program Hog tunes | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog tunes

PW,I just recently installed a speaker and amp from Uniq Cycle Sounds on my '09 Heritage.The 150 watt amp is about the same size as a pack of cigarettes.I wired it thru the top of my left bag.I formed a piece of corrugated to fit the front of the bag and then painted the corrugated black so I wouldn't see a brown piece of cardboard everytime I open the bag.Quite frankly,there weren't many other options to mount the amp as it wouldn't fit under my seat.I can still fit my leather jacket etc.into the bag as the amp is nestled nicely in front of the cardboard and out of the elements.BTW,I was born in Mt.Holly,N.J.

Would like to upgrade speakers on my 07 Road Glide. Looking at Hog Tunes same size as stock speakers, or upgrade to 6 1/2 with adapter ring. What do you think? Don't have the cash right now for amp and speakers. just want to replace speakers and use with the stock radio, CD player.:newsmile093:

My friend just added the new hog tunes fairing speakers and he love them, he said that they are like night and day compared to the stock speakers.

PW,I just recently installed a speaker and amp from Uniq Cycle Sounds on my '09 Heritage.The 150 watt amp is about the same size as a pack of cigarettes.I wired it thru the top of my left bag.I formed a piece of corrugated to fit the front of the bag and then painted the corrugated black so I wouldn't see a brown piece of cardboard everytime I open the bag.Quite frankly,there weren't many other options to mount the amp as it wouldn't fit under my seat.I can still fit my leather jacket etc.into the bag as the amp is nestled nicely in front of the cardboard and out of the elements.BTW,I was born in Mt.Holly,N.J.

thanks for the reply. I don't have enough wire to put it in my bag. I am going to make a plate to mount it on and bolt it to my engine guard at the top below the tank. I called HogTunes and they said as long as it isn't submurged in water that they can go just about anywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok cool. thanks
The amp is 1 1/2 inches above the voltage regulator. Stock the Roadking had a plate welded horizontally on the tubular frame. This plate had two pre-drilled holes with rubber plugs in them. We took out plugs and ran bolts through the plate into threaded holes in the chrome billet fifty watt amp.
Hope this helps. I love my system!
WAP.gif

The amp is 1 1/2 inches above the voltage regulator. Stock the Roadking had a plate welded horizontally on the tubular frame. This plate had two pre-drilled holes with rubber plugs in them. We took out plugs and ran bolts through the plate into threaded holes in the chrome billet fifty watt amp.
Hope this helps. I love my system!
WAP.gif

Ok got ya now. My amp is black. I am going to make a plate to mount it on and then attach it to the top bolt on my engine guard

50 watts. it is the handlebar mount hog tune MA-2 on the hog tunes website

Paul, I have the MA-2 system also. I have not hooked it up yet, and I'm looking at mounting the amp on the inside of the tins behind the headlight. What MP-3 are you using on your system? Does the sound seem loud enough for 60-70 MPH?

Back