free website stats program Hog tunes | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog tunes

PaulWhite

I have a 2007 Heritage Softail. I thought that I could put the amp under the seat. when it was delivered, I checked and there is not enough room under the seat for the amp. Has anyone any ideas as to where I can mount the small amp? Thanks

Paul,

What HogTunes set-up did you purchase and just how big is the amp? Did you get instructions with the kit? The only space I could think of would be in between your windshield and the triple clamp.

I got the matrix 2. I was thinking of behind the cover on my trippl tree right behind the headlight? it is maybe 3"x3"x3/4"

I put the "Two Wheel Tunes" set up on my Roadking. The 50 watt amp was mounted on the frame down low in front of the engine. It worked out just fine and dandy. I love this system. I'm thinking it has been on there about 3-4 years now. I plug my MP3 to it and jam ...it has hundreds of songs downloaded on it.

Thanks for the inputs. Randall did you make a plate to mount the amp on or did you just use the zip ties to attach it to the frame?

Thanks for the inputs. Randall did you make a plate to mount the amp on or did you just use the zip ties to attach it to the frame?

Oh no the nice billet syle heavily chromed amp bolts onto the Bikes frame proper. My pal did that while I was doing something else. No zip ties...
My outfit came with the 50 watt amp, two chome bullet speakers that mount on the handbars, and a chrome plate/bracket that mounts there about the right hand mirror, which has velcro for my MP3 player. Also the wiring harness.

Now this is my only grievance about my system. We wired it according to the directions. Up by the plate/bracket that holds the mp3 is the small male plug for you device. This male plug is hot when ever you turn on you electrical switches. To me it would be better if there was a switch wired in somewhere to flip the amp on and off at my disgression. But actually I am playing something most all the time.

Hope this helps. ( the unit you are putting on I know nothing about)

Oh no the nice billet syle heavily chromed amp bolts onto the Bikes frame proper. My pal did that while I was doing something else. No zip ties...
My outfit came with the 50 watt amp, two chome bullet speakers that mount on the handbars, and a chrome plate/bracket that mounts there about the right hand mirror, which has velcro for my MP3 player. Also the wiring harness.

Now this is my only grievance about my system. We wired it according to the directions. Up by the plate/bracket that holds the mp3 is the small male plug for you device. This male plug is hot when ever you turn on you electrical switches. To me it would be better if there was a switch wired in somewhere to flip the amp on and off at my disgression. But actually I am playing something most all the time.

Hope this helps. ( the unit you are putting on I know nothing about)

our sounds like the one that I got, would you mind posting pictures so that i can see. thanks

our sounds like the one that I got, would you mind posting pictures so that i can see. thanks

PW, Sorry can't post images because of some down loading technical issues.:newsmile08: But I will do this. Tomorrow I will go and look at the installation, make notes, then get back on the forum and give you more detailed informtion. Sorry, best I can do for now. Stay tuned.:)

Would like to upgrade speakers on my 07 Road Glide. Looking at Hog Tunes same size as stock speakers, or upgrade to 6 1/2 with adapter ring. What do you think? Don't have the cash right now for amp and speakers. just want to replace speakers and use with the stock radio, CD player.:newsmile093:

Back