free website stats program Hog Tunes 5x7 speakers for Road Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog Tunes 5x7 speakers for Road Glide

ironmark

I installed the new 5x7 speakers in my 08 RG & they sounds great ! I have the Hog Tunes amp , so the only difference was going from the 5" Hog Tunes speakers to the Hog Tunes 5x7 speakers . They produce more audio & clarity then the 5" speakers and that helps at higher speeds . :bigsmiley12:

I put in the hog tunes system in my RG in 08 and been happy with it , I just wanted to upgrade to the 5x7 speakers . Also I have had no problems with Hog Tunes equipment everything I got has been high quality & the people @ Hog Tune have been great . I have never had a J&M system so I have no opinion on there equipment .

I installed the Hogtunes amp and speakers in my 05RG and have been impressed by the system and the folks at Hogtunes. Where did you get the speakers and can I ask how much they were?

I installed the Hogtunes amp and speakers in my 05RG and have been impressed by the system and the folks at Hogtunes. Where did you get the speakers and can I ask how much they were?

Hog Tunes just came out with the 5x7 speakers in March , the speaker come with new grills but you will have to get ahold of the folks @ Hog Tunes for the prices . Go to the web site and check out the speakers but they just show the kit , they also have a tweeter pod that mounts to the insturment bezel . I went with the bigger speakers because I have a painted inner fairing and I would have to paint the tweeter pod to match and I did'nt want to hassel with it .

Just purchased the HogTunes 5x7 speakers, AMP and the tweeter pod. Once they arrive, I'll post some pics.

I'm removing my 5" HogTunes speakers I've used for the past 2 yrs and have had great results.

With the faring off, I'll be replacing the bulbs as well.

More to come in a few weeks.

Ride safe and have fun.

That really is a nice set up,, I just pulled a Hawg-Wired 120W direct connect amp and their speakers because I was never really happy with the set up, and installed the Hawg-Tunes Ultra kit, it sounds quite a bit better and this is with their 5 inch speakers, so I can only imagine what the 7's sound like. At least you were not like me,,, OHhhhhhhhhhh yea ... did I say I had the J&M speaker upgrade kit before that,,, all I can say is dont waste your money, the J&Ms are now in my brothers combine.

HogTunes 5x7 speakers, HogTunes AMP and HogTunes tweater pod installed. Some pictures and comments below.

The 5x7 speakers are nice. Fits the RG opening perfectly. The removal and install of the speakers and mounts are straight forward.

RGHogTunes042011001.jpg

The amp mounts up easily as well. Bolts to two brake side fairing bolts.

RGHogTunes042011002.jpg

Tweater pod fits nicely. No issues with the top hitting the fairing. Perfect design. Install was easy and straight forward.

RGHogTunes042011005.jpg

Comments:
1) My wire harness had two of the same colored wires for the right side in/output to the speaker. I tried calling HT, but it was after 5pm and they were closed. So I figured out which was in and out, spliced on some female connectors and hooked up the speakers. All worked fine, but threw a little curve ball at me.

2) What reinstalling the headlight module, the bottom left (look at front of the bike) headlight adjustment screw is blocked by the amp mount. You have to be patient when reinstalling the headlight module as it is a very tight fit.

RGHogTunes042011004.jpg

3) When reinstalling the fairing, I recomend to remove the headlamp module completly from the fairing. Then it's very easy to line up and attach the fairing to the two hooks. You then can adjust the side of the fairings for a nice tight fit to the inner fairings. Then the headlight module just snaps in place once you get the adjustment bolts through the inner fair holes (and past the amp bracket).

4) I purchased PIAA bulbs, but they company I bought them from, when they arrived, one bulb looked perfect, the other was all black and burnt. I was mad. I called them and told them I wanted a full repayment and I'll send the bulbs back. Never did change out the bulbs.

5) The power wire harness fit under the tank counsole. No need to remove the tank. Easy process :)

The results:

Louder and clearer than my round Hogtunes speakers. More vibrating bass, but my exhaust still drowns out the low range some, but I can turn up the volume and drown out my exhaust somewhat (ear plugs here I come). What is worth the cost, I think it was. Not like a car stereo for sure, but very clear, clean sound.

Ride safe and have fun!

Back