free website stats program Hog Members | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog Members

Got a free one-year membership with my 08 Wide Glide. I then joined the local chapter that has lots of rides and activities. I renewed both memberships this year and the wife has joined also. The HOG magazine and the local activities are well worth it. I called the national HOG organization today for some help with filing for a rebate for completing a safety course. The young lady was very helpful and gave me lots of additional information on using the member website (like signing up for mileage bonuses, etc.) Seems like a very well managed owners group.

Joined in 1988 life member since 1992 Ive used the roadside assistance enough times to pay for itself

Wife is a member untill 2011, both national and local.
I never got around to it but am considering joining

was a member for 5 years, let it lapse this year, not much on group rides with strangers.
i dont know, just never got into it i guess

Joined the local because I did not know anyone who rides in this area. Found them to be some of the nicest people I have ever known. Make a few rides a year with them and enjoy it as they are pretty safety conscious. Most of the time I ride alone as I am retired and ride almost every day during the week as well as the weekends, and it is hard for most people to take weeks off at a time for my longer tours. I will continue to be a member for as long as I can.

Our local dealer supports the HOG Chapter very well. Someone from the dealership attends every meeting where they provide a half dozen door prizes, provide a 10% discount for every purchase but labor and bikes, support our fund raising activities, etc. We help them out by providing traffic control and parking assistance for special activities at the dealership. Everyone has a good time and helps each other. To me, that is the way it is supposed to be.

Been a member of the local and national for two years and am good through 2012, I will continue. Have and active local group, with friendly people who like to ride. This is the only club I ever joined and I am glad to be a member. The wife and I go to the state and national rally s, and are never disappointed. It also helps that we have a very supportive dealer.

I was a member for many years. But have not been one in the last 10. I no longer see the point. My dealer used it as a sales/marketing tool (which is what HOG actually is meant to be!). Required the HOG chapter to "rent' the area in the dealership used for meetings. Had sales pitches at every event. This was also during the height of the $15,000/15 miles and your a biker craze. Way to many self-involved, status seeking people in that chapter. Besides, the idea of a chapter run went from a 150 - 200 day, to a 50 mile round trip ride for lunch.

It may have changed now, but I doubt it.

As for the benefits. I own maps. I don't by parts from the local dealer (way to expensive, that why I love the internet!). And my bike insurance company has a great assistance plan, as does my AAA membership.

But, to each this own!

I think its a great deal and I plan keeping up with the National at least, I havent been around enough to enjoy the local! But that will change and I am sure I will join the local chapter!

I didn't want anyone to get the wrong idea about my post I wasn't trying to be negative tqwards HOG. Because I think most of the HOG members are wonderful people and we ride with many of them on other events. Our Insurance covers everything that HOG does, and for people like my wife and I we just don't have the time to go to meetings. We do go to some of the State rallies and really enjoy them. As you all know Money is getting tighter all of the time and every little bit counts now.
Besides we own 3 Harley's, which means we don't have any extra cash.
But we do have our prioritys in order. "Ha Ha" Ride safe

Back