free website stats program HOG gone nuts | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

HOG gone nuts

Most employees of HD are friendly to riders of all brands in my experiences. There will always be a few elitist fools in every crowd, they are the ones you just ignore.

The dealer where I got my 1st bike,wouldn't take any bike on trade,except Harley.And even then,they wanted it to be a bike they"knew".At the time I thought how short sighted can these guys be? I had a Kawasaki to trade,they said no.It made for a quick sale at the next store I went to.They took any trade,and,within a year, bought out the first place I went to.At the time,I was a used car manager,so I knew all they had to do was call a Kawasaki joint,get a buy figure,and if it comes in on trade,it goes straight to Kaw. for the agreed price.It seemed elitist to me,but also unsound business wise.

it is hard for them to sell a jap bike at a Harley dealer as no one is going there to buy one if they do take a trade on one they usually just run it though the auction around here

A couple of weeks ago my Brother in law dealt his Golding for a new Harley at Kitchener Harley. They got with the local Honda dealer for valuation and sold it to them.

A couple of weeks ago my Brother in law dealt his Golding for a new Harley at Kitchener Harley. They got with the local Honda dealer for valuation and sold it to them.

It sounds that this Harley dealer wanted to earn his business. As in some situations the dealer pre determines what the customers motive is, then insults or drives customer away with unprofessional actions for coming into dealer with a non Harley. Little does the dealer know that the customer may have a pocket full of cash and green spends any where..... So the joke then is on that dealer for customer will tell at least 30 other people what a bad experience that he had..

I traded a non Harley when I bought the one I have now. My local dealership had a outlet to get it off the property and I think most do. I would say if your dealership is unwilling to do a trade there's others out there that will.:)

When I was a kid my Dad had a Norton Commando and later a Harley Electra Glide and he raced a Bultaco in motorcross so I always wanted a Harley when I was 16 I got a Honda CB 360 I sold it a few years later and went to the Harley dealer hoping to purchase a 1982 wide glide I had my eye on. I could not get financed but the Harley dealer also was a Kawasaki dealer and I ended up buying a new 454 LTD rode it for 4 years traded it in at the same dealer on a 77 FLH and been on Harleys ever since

Back