free website stats program Hog Blaster Motorcycle Dryer | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog Blaster Motorcycle Dryer

My first trip to Sturgis [1999] I saw a dude using a :kheeleaf blower to dry his bike. I thought to myself how lame is that. Well to tell you the truth I now use one most of the time to dry my bike.

I have looked at some of the "dryers" out there. I'll keep using my BIG back pac blower. I'm dry in less than 3-4 mins and can start a quickie polish. I'm blow drying where the ground is damp from washing there is no way dirt and whatever can get sucked up and hit bike. I even use it to blow dry my pickup.

I use a leaf blower too. It is a Toro and it was in the $20 range if I remember correctly. It does a great job and there is no way it blows anything but air onto my bike. Thorough and fast and inexpensive. My only hassle is connecting the extension cord.
:D

I'm glad to read that I'm not the only one using a leaf blower. Doesn't look as nice as the hog blaster but works just a well. Neighbors look at me like I'm from Mars when they see me drying the bike.

Doesn't look as nice as the hog blaster but works just a well.
Anyone who thinks the leaf blowers aren't blower dirt on to the bike is fooling themselfs. Look at the filter in the dedicated blowers dog or bike, doesn't mastter and see all the dirt they trap.

Anyone who thinks the leaf blowers aren't blower dirt on to the bike is fooling themselfs. Look at the filter in the dedicated blowers dog or bike, doesn't mastter and see all the dirt they trap.

I agree here but some people just like to fool themselves :s

We spend 20K on one of these tractors and then we cheap out on the extras?

Uhhh...tractors...drying your bike quickly is key, and doing it safe with GFI (Ground Fault Interupter) is a very good idea. Just remember, that you will still get a pretty good shock involuntary reaction which could still seriously hurt, not necessarily kill you.

So do be careful using electrical appliances...and GFI...electricity and water puddle can be pretty dangerous, which is why secondary protection like rubber gloves and boots would be a good idea nonetheless.

Back