free website stats program Hog Blaster Motorcycle Dryer | Harley Davidson Forums

Hog Blaster Motorcycle Dryer

mnultra

I just purchased the Hog Blaster last Friday after hearing good things about it. Maybe I was expecting to much, but I was a bit underwhelmed. The amount of air flow doesn't seem to do much more than a $15 hair dryer would.

Anyone here have some thoughts to share. For those of you that have one, are you happy with your Hog Blaster? Or should I take this one back and look at a different brand?

Your thoughts are appreciated. Ride safe.

I am thinking that maybe you got a dude. I see that the Hog Blaster is rated for 18000 feet per minute. Maybe you should exchange or at least go try another unit
kemo

Buzzzzz!!!!! Will work better if you are standing in a puddle of water but make sure you buy more life insurance
kemo

I know it is not as nice as the Metro Blaster but I picked this up this weekend. It was on sale for $29 and I had a "$10 off any purchase coupon".

Homelite Electric, Blower/Sweeper, 120/150 MPH Blower - UT42100 at The Home Depot

This is the first time I have ever used a blower of any type when drying my bike. I was impressed, even at $29. I know it is not blowing warm filtered air, but right now, it is 100 degrees F where I am and a bit of filter foam from an air cleaner, over the intake of the leaf blower is perfect. I'll see how it works in the winter.

Sounds like your HogBlaster may be a malfunctioning unit, but I would say any blower is better than using the microfiber towels to dry off your bike. This unit will stay dedicated to bike drying until it burns up. If I get 6 months out of it it will be worth every penny.

If I go top shelf, I would get the Metro unit Glider mentioned. But I do like the fact that the snozzle on the leaf blower means I don't have to bend over for the low parts and at 6' 4", I appreciate that.

I believe most use & recommend the Metro Vacuum AF M/C Blaser (Metropolitan Vacuum Cleaner Co., Inc.) - I'm asking for one this month for my BDay (hint hint). Gotta be careful w/air compressors, leaf blowers, shop vacs etc. b/c if you're not careful - they'll shoot debris at your scoot & cause paint chips. These dryers are filtered & designed for clean drying. Maybe return the one you got & look on Amazon for the Metro dryer...?

Maybe return the one you got & look on Amazon for the Metro dryer...?

Kind of what I was thinking.
------------------------------
Buzzzzz!!!!! Will work better if you are standing in a puddle of water but make sure you buy more life insurance
kemo

Just what my wife needs.......More ideas!!

Back