free website stats program HOG Assist | Harley Davidson Forums

HOG Assist

Dr Loguey

Hi all,

just had to renew my insurance again. Kept the same insurer but temporarily opted out of European breakdown cover option.

I will need European cover for EuroHog in Switzerland (oh, sooo can't wait..!) but am considering changing to HOG Assist so want to compare what they offer. As I'm not a HOG member (yet..?) I can't find details of the cover offered - does anybody know where I can find the terms & conditions of HOG Assist as the general info out there doesn't look very comprehensive, especially as it only seems to get your bike to the nearest dealer rather than back home...

Any ideas..?

Thanks,
Loguey

I'm a little short on a reply for you. Here is what happened to me.

I quit my insurance coverage with Progressive /attached with HD side because of increased $$ it went up over here USA. I had a break-down 2 weeks later and used my HOG membership breakdown of bike coverage(have been member for years) to Help pay the cost of the wrecker to HD shop. They covered 100$ of my tow bill and were prompt with the payment.. Now I don't know if that helps you at all, being over there and I can't answer if they pay to get it home, only the Partial bill was paid and limit of 100$ US.

Maybe someone else will have More information.. Just didn't want you to feel left out to dry here..

bubbie

Dont know how it works in Europe, I have been a life member for years and have used the towing enough times to make it worth it to me:)

Hi guys,

thanks for the feedback so far (have had great weather here so have been out cruising ... ah, summer..!)

Still totally undecided... aaagghh!!!

Aaww, still haven't decided.

The AA cover looks good Fin but the thing is that I really need annual cover which is very costly.. here in Northern Ireland we're a part of the UK but if I travel only 50 miles I'm in Ireland which of course is part of Europe... so really I need annual European cover to go any real distance (also heading to Killarney for Ireland Bike Fest in June so need cover for this as well!).

I've just joined up for European HOG membership so hopefully when my details come through I'll be able to get more detail on the HOG assist from them. Main concern is still only being towed to nearest Harley dealer which could leave me with another trip to Europe to retrieve the bike after repair.

If I find out any more detail I'll keep you posted - maybe I should stop worrying so much..??!...and drink some more...:cheers

Okay, so after I poured a beer I still worried... anyway I just found this:

"Hog Assistance® RIDEPACK provides you with all the benefits of Hog Assistance®, but gives you an extra option. If your motorcycle cannot be repaired within 24 hours when travelling outside your country of residence, or by the end of the same working day if you are in your own country, then you can elect to have the motorcycle transported to your own ‘home’ dealer near to your residence, for repairs. Rider and pillion rescue to home are included too. This option is available at a higher cost. Please enquire for details."

Now that looks more like the type of package I might be interested in - anyone here know just how much higher a price I might have to pay for this?

Cheers!
Loguey

Last edited by a moderator:
That does look like a good deal but depends on the price
as i am mainly on uk roads i have aa relay covers all the cars and bikes cos its for the person not the veh although the last time i used it was 1982 but there is nothing better than knowing you wont get stuck

Brian

Ha, you all thought I'd forgotten didn't you...?

Well, finally settled for standard HOG Assist at £30.00. The Ridepack extension is about an extra £50.00 but standard package looks good enough... hope I'm not reporting back next month that I wish I'd gone for the extra..!

Loguey

Life member of Hog, and just recently found out that my Dairyland Insurance underwritten by Progressive pays for towing and lodging when I have a break down:p

Back