free website stats program Hiya | Harley Davidson Forums

Hiya

Sentinel

IMG_1694.JPG Hello! Came across this forum and knew I had to sign up. I wish I found it earlier before, would have been a great help. Anyways Everyone calls me Roger, nice to meet you too. I just turned 18 a few months back and recently acquired my motorcycle permit in California. I purchased my 1983 Harley Sportster XLS 1000cc (Bored to 1200) from my neighbor who is a Vietnam veteran with cancer :/ Still a healthy guy though he's awesome. Anyways I wanted to get a bike and was going to buy a 2016 HD 48 and make monthly payments. I found out he had this old bike and I knew it had to be mine. I bought it for a cool $1700. He gave me a lot of his stuff too. Old parts, original carb, straigh pipes, sissy bar, purple light rear light... so many things it's awesome. Made payments every paycheck and have $200 left to pay off. I had 0 riding experience at the time but the first I got on it all came naturally to me and I took off. Came back 2 hours later lol (Dad was mad but proud lol) Anyways I tuned the bike with my old man as much as we knew how to, before we sent it to a friends shop. Ended up loading it with everything. I told my dad to just to tell them to make it run but the guy loves the bike more than me and wanted to do everything. Paint, full tune, rebuilt carb, forward controls, new tires with inner tubes, new front and rear brake master cylinders, Bars, grips, side license plate, and... I think that's it. Been there 3 weeks now and hope fully will be done tomorrow or sometime this week before the weekend. Thought I would tell this quick little story of my first bike and all. Thanks for reading and thank you if you read the whole thing! Looking forward to learning and chatting with you all.

(Someone might as so: Unfortunately not a bobber although I want it to be one.)

Attachments

• IMG_1691.JPG
    IMG_1691.JPG
    976.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1692.JPG
    IMG_1692.JPG
    761.5 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1693.JPG
    IMG_1693.JPG
    880.5 KB · Views: 6
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice bike,I thought it was a super glide at first.Sounds like your all set to put some miles on her,welcome!

Back