free website stats program Hit by a truck, now what? I need advice! | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hit by a truck, now what? I need advice!

Good for you, hope you continue to mend and enjoy your NEW bike:s

NYSDEUCERIDER,

First -Thank God you are still here to tell the tale!

Having been through a similar situation back in March, I can advise you to get a good lawyer and follow his advice. I am only about halfway through settling my claim.

The offending party had minimal liability 25K, which hardly touched my medical bills. My major medical handled all medical bills except my out of pocket. The repairs to my bike ($6400+), was settled very quickly.

Liability of 25k was paid, but it was a three way split, major medical subrogated for 1/3, lawyer 1/3 and me 1/3, but that still leaves stuff to pay, so we are pursuing a further claim against the tortfeasor.

Once you get a lawyer, be sure he/she sends out notices of litigation to all parties you owe or will owe. While not binding, most parties will put off payment untill you settle your case.

Good luck, I wish you a speedy recovery and minimal stress.

NYYDEUCERIDER correct. You need to made whole again and not to worry about other driver. Best pursuit would be to consider engaging a private adjuster (contingiency basis only) and start negotiations with insurance company; obtain legal counsel to pursue damages against other driver, and insurance company if policy limits are not met. Best of all use your own common sense in deciphering all the information but remembering you need to be whole again......Of course, only my opinion but it is yours that matters....

Glad to hear you are on the mend and nice find on the replacement bike!

Good thing about winter is you now get to look at and make all your own tweaks to it now before Spring.

Best wishes in your recovery. Uh, where are the pictures of the new bike?

Speedy recovery! And yes.... Pictures please!

Hey, a little delayed, but here they are! Wifey snapped this pic as I readied to ride it off to winter storage.(yes! That IS snow in the background!)
As the healing continues, the urge to put more miles on the bike. I cannot wait for winter to pass!

A good holiday to all!:)

11-27-11098-1.jpg

It is great to see you up and out!!! As soon as winter is over we will expect to see first ride pix. Congrats on your recovery and hope all is well with you and yours. Don

Back