free website stats program Hit a Racoon! | Harley Davidson Forums

Hit a Racoon!

RSQCAL

Hit a racoon on the way in to work this morning! Pushed me around a little but kept it straight and upright. Gotta admit it got the heart rate up a bit tho. Driving in in the mornings (4 A.M.) up here in the Wisconsin Northwoods is an experiance, can't take your eyes off the ditches for a second. In the last 2 weeks I've seen deer, racoons, possium, rabbits, turkeys, fox and a coyote cross in front of me.

Stay Safe!!

Glad to hear all is well and you maintained control. I live in NE Ohio and leave for work at 430 and have much the same awareness and have seen many of the same critters. Luckily haven't hit any yet. Again glad your OK and everything is good

Keep the dirty side down, Ride Safe

LEOG

Glad you and the bike are ok I live in southern Michigan and I see all the same critters here.It is a challenge to avoid all of them

Hit a racoon on the way in to work this morning! Pushed me around a little but kept it straight and upright. Gotta admit it got the heart rate up a bit tho. Driving in in the mornings (4 A.M.) up here in the Wisconsin Northwoods is an experiance, can't take your eyes off the ditches for a second. In the last 2 weeks I've seen deer, racoons, possium, rabbits, turkeys, fox and a coyote cross in front of me.

Stay Safe!!

Glad you came out of that okay. I too leave for work at 4 am and have for the first time in the 5 years my husband and I have been in our house we have just started to see some deer around the corn fields, I think the farmers have done a pretty good job keeping the critters out of the fields, but the racoons and opossums have scared me more than once. I have managed to miss them to this point, but I'm sure it is a matter of time for me to get a critter, I just hope it's a little critter.....

Like yourself and others I too ride to work in the wee hours of the morning. It is a big concern of mine to come upon a huge raccoon in the road. I used to trap them a long time ago and I know how big they can get. Glad you're okay.

You cant be too careful especially in the dark. At least it was a good outcome this time. Stay safe.

Make sure you don't have any scratches on your legs or elsewhere! You'd be surprised with the adrenalin flowing any injury you might have incurred and did not know it. Glad you are safe also.

Back