free website stats program Hillside/Woods 103" build | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Hillside/Woods 103" build

Drag,

Hillside Cycle did the heads and yes, they did replace the guides. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

didnt look like in the pics,stand corrected.was there a flowchart with them?

Hey Kirby,
Those are Kibblewhite guides your lookin' at, and those ain't no OE item.
Those heads average about 275-277 @ 28", and hang within 2% of one another from .100" lift to .700".
And how do "I" know that. hmmmmmmmmmm.:)

Hey Kirby,
Those are Kibblewhite guides your lookin' at, and those ain't no OE item.
Those heads average about 275-277 @ 28", and hang within 2% of one another from .100" lift to .700".
And how do "I" know that. hmmmmmmmmmm.:)
HMMMMMMMMMMMM,how many geusses do i get scott??

I wanted to let you all know how the bike runs now that I've had a few nice days to get her out. Bottom line.........she pulls like a train! I have had it out three times by myself and once with the wife. Even the wife noticed the added power (and she's a cosmetologist). I'm real happy with the heads (thanks Scott) and the Wood TW-7's. The SE compensator improved shifting and low speed rideability. I'd recommend the Hillside/Wood combo to anyone looking for more TQ. There is more valve train noise w/ the TW-7's than w/ the SE255's but it's worth it to me (and you don't notice it on the interstate). I plan on dynoing the bike later this year and I'll post my numbers when I do. Thanks to all for the guidance when I ran into problems.

I wanted to let you all know how the bike runs now that I've had a few nice days to get her out. Bottom line.........she pulls like a train! I have had it out three times by myself and once with the wife. Even the wife noticed the added power (and she's a cosmetologist). I'm real happy with the heads (thanks Scott) and the Wood TW-7's. The SE compensator improved shifting and low speed rideability. I'd recommend the Hillside/Wood combo to anyone looking for more TQ. There is more valve train noise w/ the TW-7's than w/ the SE255's but it's worth it to me (and you don't notice it on the interstate). I plan on dynoing the bike later this year and I'll post my numbers when I do. Thanks to all for the guidance when I ran into problems.

Happy to have been involved with your upgrade!!:)
Scott

Back