Hiking and personal protection.

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by Redfish-Joe, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

My personal favorite defense gun has always been a Beretta Jetfire in 22 short. Over all the years I've been hiking I never leave without it in my pocket. Of course we all know too the first rule when hiking in the wilderness is to use the "Buddy System". For those of you who may be unfamiliar with this it means you NEVER hike alone, you bring a friend or companion, even an in-law, that way if something happens there is someone to go get help.

I remember one time hiking with my brother-in-law in northern Alberta . Out of nowhere came this huge brown bear and man was she mad. We must have been near one of her cubs. Anyway, if I had not had my little Jetfire I'd sure not be here today. Just one shot to my brother-in-law's knee cap and I was able to escape by just walking at a brisk pace.
    That's one of the best pistols in my safe . . .

2. Redfish-Joe

Redfish-Joe Senior Member

Neither did he!!!:D

3. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

I thought it was going to be the two of them running from the bear and the BIL asking if they could outrun the bear. The other responds that he didn't know but all he had to do is outrun the BIL.

4. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

And now the MILLION dollar question...did he call for help? :naughty

5. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

And does he still go hiking with you?????

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

I would have taken my mother in law! :D

7. geezer

geezer Senior Member Contributor

Another good one Joe. :D