free website stats program Highway pegs and mounts | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway pegs and mounts

gator508

Experienced Member
So just having added a crash bar to my ride, I am looking for pegs and mounts. I realize it's all a matter of comfort and appearance, but I would like to hear from our seasoned pros on this, the choices are huge, need to cut to the chase. Thanks!!

Since your bike is so different from mine, I can't say where to mount them. I put masking tape under the clamps to prevent scratching the chrome until I decide on a permanent location. I think inexpensive peg mounts look bad on a crash bar. I like the heavy, smooth looking mounts.

In addition to what Breeze mentioned relative to final positioning, you may want to consider adjustable mounts. Adjustables come in handy when you decide you want a different stretch/position on long rides, easy to adjust and you don't have to change the mounting to the highway bar. JMO

Since you already have the engine guard I'm a little late. I added a Linbar with built in foot rest. The Iso foot pegs that will mount to the guard are a little $$ but they do seem to be the choice of most riders. I don't know if your model bike will accept foot boards but they do allow you to move your feet and legs around.

Thanks guys, I will continue to absorb all the input on this.

So far I am leaning towards an ajustable mount, I think the others will restrict the postional choices. I like the Kuryakyn adjustable with the Dually pegs, which appearss to be a mini board.

Thanks again, please keep it coming!!!

Definately going with an ajustable, and many thanks for the input, this is my preference....so far anway

Attachments

• 7980-1.jpg
    7980-1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 15
Back