free website stats program Highway Peg Install Question | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway Peg Install Question

jmafisher

I have a 2008 Road King Classic and am going to put the Kuryakyn Longhorn dually pegs on her. Any suggestions or tips on the install? Seems pretty simple, but I don't want to scratch the engine guards and from what I read on other posts it may take a few times to get them in the right position.
Thanks

I put a piece of rubber inside the clamp on mine. This will keep it from scratching and messing up the chrome on the crash bars.

Electrical tap one the engine guard works also.. I put the same pegs on my RKC 08 and love um on nice thing is as long as you are close the peg has so much adjustment you probley wont need to move the mount at all

Everyone has their own preference but I mounted my HD 360 adjustable pegs low enough on the engine guard that I now have 3 options for foot/leg position:

1) Feet flat on the floorboards
2) Heels on floorboards and toes on pegs - feels like a set of forward controls
3) Feet totally up on pegs - really feels great if you also have a backrest!

Used no tape on mine (but they were MoCo brand). Moved them several times.
No Scratching or marring...

My biggest problem was lining them up, so they looked the same from both sides and the front. After a while, I put them where MY FEET and LEGS wanted them, for comfort. I don't care what they look like, but I LOVE riding with them where they are now!

Everyone has their own preference but I mounted my HD 360 adjustable pegs low enough on the engine guard that I now have 3 options for foot/leg position:

1) Feet flat on the floorboards
2) Heels on floorboards and toes on pegs - feels like a set of forward controls
3) Feet totally up on pegs - really feels great if you also have a backrest!

I don't have the 360 adjustables, but mine are installed so I've got the 3 options as well. Find I tend to utilize position #2 more than the others. Makes for a really comfortable riding position.

Back