free website stats program Highway Lamps and Turn Signal Loose | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway Lamps and Turn Signal Loose

Hey, guys, I bought some wind deflectors for my softail and when I went to put them on the right side turn signal was going to be touching it. So , I tried moving it a little and now it is real loose. How do you get the lamp and turn signal tight again?

Do you have a service manual? if not it would be advised to get one. I'm looking at my 06 heritage service manual and It shows a mounting nut between the turn signal and the mounting bracket that mounts to the Auxiliary lamp and two screws that secure the turn signal to the same mounting bracket. you need to remove the the turn signal to get at the Auxiliary lamp mounting nut. hope this helps. IF I'm wrong the Moderators will step in.

Do you have a service manual? if not it would be advised to get one. I'm looking at my 06 heritage service manual and It shows a mounting nut between the turn signal and the mounting bracket that mounts to the Auxiliary lamp and two screws that secure the turn signal to the same mounting bracket. you need to remove the the turn signal to get at the Auxiliary lamp mounting nut. hope this helps. IF I'm wrong the Moderators will step in.

Do you know what size the nut is inside?

No, I do not know what size the nut is, the service manual did not say. I can tell you is if the stud of bolt is 1/4" the nut will be 7/16", if the stud or bolt is 5/16" the nut will be 1/2", and if the Stud or bolt is 3/8" the nut will be 9/16" I hope this can help you.

All I can tell you is its a pain, your wires go through the center of the nut so you can't use a socket at least that is what I found, the only thing I could do is use some long needle nose pliers and tighten it that way, it has held up fine so far. only rode it around 500mi so far.

Back