free website stats program Highway Cruising Speed | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Highway Cruising Speed

I'm with most of the other posts. I pretty much stay with speed of traffic or about 5 over. Out in the desert country, I'll run much faster for sure. :D In area of where there's a indian reservation, I'll run 5 to 10 mph slower, no explanation needed. Well, that just about covers it. :D
Ugly John

Well......I figure the rev limiter must be there for a reason......so use it. Yea......right. 5 to 10 mph above the speed limit is the norm for me.:D

I like doing 70 - 80 depending on conditions , my HD speedometer reads 3mph faster them my GPS speed , I dont know which one is correct . Most of the time I just keep up with the flow of traffic so I dont get run over :s

I like staying with the traffic spped - in the left lane. I ride alot in I-66 and 495. On the open road i feel comfortable hanging 55 or so, depending on the conditions. Never push out side the limit on a bike

75-ish on the motorway (interstateish thing) on the Fatboy. Rather faster on the Ducati where 75 feels rather slow and isn't as comfortable (this is one reason for owning the Fatboy)... But I try and avoid motorways as much as poss on either bike.

70 is about as fast as I like to go. Once I get away from the city I might push it a little further. It depends on the situation I guess. Being an ex-street racer I discovered that it wasn't really speed that got my adrenaline going, but acceleration.

Depends on the situations including road conditions and traffic flow. Most of the time 70-75 is where we both feel comfortable but the bike rides best at 80. Everything smoothes out and she purrs like a kitten...

I remember reading in Proficient Motorcycling that you are better running within +5 to -5 mph of the traffic flow. Outside of that range and the percentage of accidents increase. Left lane is safest on the S slab.

Back